Applications are now closed.
About the role
Bento Box Design Studio is on the hunt for a go-getter Graphic Designer to join us on a part-time basis for 3 days a week. A fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to thrive in a small studio environment with a close-knit team.
The Graphic Designer will be reporting to the Studio Director and will provide Graphic Design support to the Marketing and Graphic Design team in the development of high quality design solutions in line with brand positioning. As a startup, the successful candidate must love a flexible approach to the workplace as this role will involve working with a diverse range of clients, duties and responsibilities each day.
This is an ideal role for a degree-qualified recent graduate who would like the opportunity to put their knowledge and learning into practice. All in all, Bento Box Design Studio is looking for an individual who will give 110% in any situation that comes their way.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Work alongside the Design team to design and create quality material for print and digital, both internally and for clients.
- Support the Marketing and Design team throughout the execution of campaigns
- Work closely with the Marketing team to produce in-house and client marketing collateral and social media content.
- Conceptualise and create design elements for websites, landing pages, newsletters, and EDM’s.
- Assisting the Design team in creating print and digital designs whilst adhering to brand guidelines eg. flyers, posters, brochures, annual reports, menus
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, documents and presentations using a variety of tools, including Adobe CC Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Produce professional, creative documentation including but not limited to visual mood boards, graphic elements, diagrams and charts.
- Presenting initial concepts, design assets, collateral and work to clients alongside the Design and Marketing team.
- Offer input, ideas and constructive feedback to creative meetings
- Photo editing
Skills & Experience
You will be a go-getter who thrives in fast-paced situations alongside having high attention to detail and solid communication skills.
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design and/or visual communications, or equivalent
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Xd
- Proficiency in creating print-ready finished designs
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and existing templates
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly creative
- Great attention to detail
- Be efficient, organised and task orientated
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks, whilst maintaining a high standard of work and consistency across all projects.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Not afraid to ask questions, able to contribute to discussions
- Comfortable working on both Mac OS and Windows
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Interest in photography
- Experience working with Adobe Lightroom
- Website design/development skills (HTML, CSS, WordPress)
- You care deeply about your work, colleagues, clients and the business.
- Have a friendly and attentive customer service approach.
- A genuine team player that consistently displays a strong work ethic, providing support when and where it is required.
- You have a positive attitude and are willing to learn and grow with the team.
- Thrives on seeing their efforts help the business to grow
- Happy to get involved with other facets of the business
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
Wanting to grow with the company, creativity, proactivity and willingness to learn are more important to us than experience. We are serious about our work and getting to know our clients, but we also believe in letting our hair down on pizza Fridays. We want you to bring your A-Game while you’re at the office and have you go home on time to catch up on the latest episode of your favourite show on Netflix.
How to Apply
Applicants are to email their portfolio and CV or resume, along with a brief cover letter outlining the following below to [email protected]:
Graphic Designer Job Application
Cover letter to outline:
- Why do you think you would be a great fit for the Bento Box team?
- What are you most excited to get involved with at Bento Box Design Studio?
- What part of the bento box would you be?
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only Australian permanent residents are eligible to apply. No recruitment agencies please.