Junior Graphic Designer
Applications are now closed.
About the role
Bento Box Design Studio is on the hunt for a go-getter Junior Graphic Designer to join us on a part-time basis for 2 days a week. With the opportunity to go full-time, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who would like to thrive and grow in a small studio environment with a close-knit team.
The Junior Graphic Designer will provide Graphic Design support to the Marketing and Graphic Design team in the development of high quality design solutions in line with brand positioning. With ample room for growth and opportunities to show your creative flair, the successful candidate will be guided by company Directors on day to day tasks. The successful candidate must love a flexible approach to the workplace as this role will involve working with a diverse range of clients, duties and responsibilities each day.
This is an ideal role for a degree-qualified recent graduate who would like the opportunity to put their knowledge and learning into practice. Bento Box Design Studio is looking for an individual who will go above and beyond, and give 110% in any situation that comes their way.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Work alongside the Design team to design and create quality material for print and digital, both internally and for clients
- Support the Marketing and Design team throughout the execution of campaigns
- Work closely with the Marketing team to produce in-house and client marketing collateral and social media content
- Conceptualise and create design elements for websites, landing pages, newsletters, and EDM’s
- Assisting the Design team in creating print and digital designs whilst adhering to brand guidelines eg. flyers, posters, brochures, annual reports, menus
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, documents and presentations using a variety of tools, including Adobe CC Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Produce professional, creative documentation including but not limited to visual moodboards, graphic elements, diagrams and charts
- Offer input, ideas and constructive feedback to creative meetings
- Photo and basic video editing
Skills & Experience
You will be a go-getter who thrives in fast-paced situations alongside having a high attention to detail and solid communication skills.
- Tertiary qualification in Graphic Design and/or visual communications, or equivalent
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to follow brand guidelines and existing templates
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly creative
- Great attention to detail
- Be efficient, organised and task orientated
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks, whilst maintaining a high standard of work and consistency across all projects
- Comfortable working on Mac OS
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Adobe XD
- Proficiency in creating print-ready finished designs
- Experience working with Adobe Lightroom
- Website design/development skills (HTML, CSS, WordPress)
- You care deeply about your work, colleagues, clients and the business
- Have a friendly and attentive customer service approach
- A genuine team player that consistently displays a strong work ethic, providing support when and where it is required
- You have a positive attitude and are willing to learn and grow with the team
- Thrives on seeing their efforts help the business to grow
- Happy to get involved with other facets of the business
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
What we’re offering:
- A warm and welcoming workplace full of creatives who love what they do
- Potential for career advancement
- A supportive environment where passion is rewarded!
- An awesome variety of clients and industries to work with
How to Apply
We’re a rapidly growing business and are looking for individuals who can grow with us. If you think this sounds like you, and you’re excited to continue your personal and professional development, please apply by sending your CV, portfolio and brief cover letter outlining the following questions below to [email protected]. We will not be accepting any word doc applications.
Junior Graphic Designer Job Application
Cover letter to outline:
- Why do you think you would be a great fit for the Bento Box team?
- What are you most excited to get involved with at Bento Box Design Studio?
- What part of the bento box would you be?
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only Australian permanent residents are eligible to apply. No recruitment agencies please.